Pop Star Katy Perry just recently rounded off a clean 50 million followers on Twitter, beating Justin Bieber to the social media milestone who is sitting pretty at about 49.2 million.
One thing to consider when thinking about this accomplishment is that Twitter does remove fake, spam or interactive accounts when displaying the overall tally of followers. A "fake follower check" on StatusPeople.com reports that 34% of Katy Perry's followers are fake. An impressive number, nonetheless. Below is the current top ten "most-followed" Twitter users:
1. Katy Perry (@KatyPerry): 50 million followers
2. Justin Bieber (@JustinBieber): 49.2 million followers
3. Barack Obama (@BarackObama): 41.2million followers
4. Lady Gaga: (@LadyGaga): 41 million followers
5. YouTube: (@YouTube): 38.9 million followers
6. Taylor Swift: (@TaylorSwift13): 38.7 million followers
7. Britney Spears: (@BritneySpears): 35.6 million followers
8. Rihanna (@Rihanna): 33.8 million followers
9. Instagram (@Instagram): 30.5 million followers
10. Justin Timberlake (@JTimberlake): 30.2 million followers
Natalie Dormer of Game of Thrones fame has debuted this half-shaved look for her role as Cressida in Mockingjay. If your Hunger Games trivia is a bit rusty, Cressida is the film director that spends the majority of Mockingjay following Katniss around making propos (propaganda films) of Katniss for the rebellion. Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Dormer said:
Francis Lawrence, the director of Mockingjay, and I discussed it and I took the job on the premise that I would possibly [have to] shave my whole head. I'm actually really pleased that we went halfway because I think it's more the Capitol… and that's where Cressida comes from. She comes from the Capitol, so she's got a stylized thing going on and now she's turned rebel. I think it's right for the character.
What do you think about Natalie's shaved head?